Sunday, February 3, 2013

It's triplets for Bridgette!!

Bridgette, is what I call the "perfect" commercial goat. Her great grandmother was my LaMancha doe, Blondie. Blondie was bred to a Boer buck. The doe kid from this breeding was bred to a heavily muscled Myotonic buck. That breeding produced Bridgette's dam. Her dam was then bred to a heavily muscled Myotonic buck and Bridgette was born. This year Bridgette  was bred to a TexMaster™ buck and she gave us triplets.........a buck and doe with gopher ears like their mother and an eared doeling. I  have the hardest time keeping any doelings from these breedings...........from Blondie's kids and all of her daughters. When buyers see these meaty, fast growing kids they snatch up whatever doelings I will let go of. I turned down so many buyers wanting Bridgette and still do. Everyone wants her when they see her. And they always want her gopher eared daughters. This time I plan to keep the newest "Blondie" for myself. Sorry.........folks!~Pat





No comments:

Post a Comment