Thursday, January 17, 2013

I discovered a handy new tool. I use 200 lb cattle tubs in my pastures since my hay quality is really poor. The extra protein helps the goats to better digest and utilize the lesser quality hay. The past couple of years has really been hard on us with the drought conditions. I am just so thrilled to find ANY hay at all and the search has not been easy. I really dread this summers hay search as well as we are predicted to be in for another year of drought conditions.

Back to the tool. My goats lick the tubs down as far as they can reach but once they get them licked down to a certain level they have to throw their front hooves in the tubs to continue to lick them. This tracks in goat berries, dirt, leaves, etc. Not to mention the little ones that jump in because they can't reach into the tubs at all.

My handy Black & Decker® 12maxV Piranha® does the trick. It cuts right through those hard plastic tubs like butter. It is light weight and fun to use. ~Pat


No comments:

Post a Comment