Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Roosters




Roosters..........we have 2 roosters. Rooney, the top ROO is part Bantam. Not exactly sure what was crossed with what to get him but we just love him. I have a bad history with roosters as they seem to always want to flog/spur me. Rooney is the first rooster that is not aggressive that we've owned. His son, Junior on the other hand is quite a bit larger than his daddy and like all the other full size roosters we have owned has tried a couple of times to chase me. I don't know what it is I do to make them feel the need to come after me but they do.

Juniors mother was a Cuckoo Maran hen. They aren't a super friendly breed either. The Cuckoo Mara rooster we raised was the most aggressive of all. He was horrible. It didn't matter if there was a fence between us he would chase me along a fence row and try his best to spur me. Here are a couple of photos..........one of Rooney, one of Junior and one of Rooney with some of his ladies. ~Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment