Wednesday, August 10, 2011



Trudi's Trouble is a special little TexMaster doeling. Trudi, her dam has always marched to her own drum and her daughter, Trouble is much like her. Very independent and finding all kinds of ways to entertain herself. I remember when Trouble was about 3-4 days old and I found her while I was outside making my 1am baby check. Most of the yard goats were laying out behind the barn and right in the midst of them was a beautiful blue doe. I thought who in the world could that baby belong to ? No one in the yard was due yet. I scooped her up to check her navel (which was dried up) and thought hmmm........who is this? I headed out to pasture 2 first as it was closest and found Trudi laying in front of a shelter guarding.............an empty house. I asked Trudi if she was missing something and held the baby out to her. She looked at the baby, looked inside the shelter, looked at the baby again, looked inside the shelter one more time and gave me that she was in there when I went to sleep look.

I threaten to carry a small notebook in my pocket and keep a log of Trouble sightings throughout my day. She may be laying on the front porch of the house, out in pasture 1 visiting, in the hay barn, playing on the trailer out front, laying on the riding mower seat, exploring my buggy..........she is everywhere. If my small pocket camera was working I would snap photos of her throughout the day in her various places she is not supposed to be.

My favorite photo of Trudi and me. And of course a photo of Trudi's Trouble. -Pat




No comments:

Post a Comment